- BC Games
Cat's Eye: Artis Gras
Galas galas everywhere.
First up was North Vancouver’s Braemar elementary school where parents and friends donned Mardi Gras beads and masks to celebrate “Arti Gras”.
There was music, a casino, silent auction, food, drink – and a live auction of 20 “art-irondack” chairs each painted and decorated by a classroom in the school.
Overall the gang raised $22,000 – good job.
Next, it was the Red Cross Red Carpet Soiree held at West Vancouverite Jack Evrensel’s fabulous Blue Water Cafe.
Sushi, a live auction, raffle prizes and more helped raise funds for this very worthwhile cause.
1) Beautiful Red Carpet Soiree co-chairs Renee Fischer and Erin Treloar welcome guests on the red carpet at Blue Water.
2) Red Carpet Soiree volunteer Alex Cubitt peeps out from behind a pair of disco red flashing glasses as she sells raffle tickets for the night.
3) Red Carpet Soiree past president Anita Cheng, seen here with guest Jean Paul Walden, had to forgo her duties this year as she is soon to be a new mommy. Congrats.
4) Gala Committee members Kathryn Peck, left, and Deanna Eckstein work the bids in the room at the Red Carpet Soiree.
5) Arti Gras volunteer Susanne Morris shows us that purple is her passion at the Braemar school fundraiser.
6) Dolled up in party beads and pink sequin masks, Arti Gras gals Candace Walker, left, and Deanna Loychu get into the spirit of things at Braemar.
7) Bridgitte Anderson, left, and Elly Safari aren’t masking their good time. A big round of applause for all their hard work and decorations at Braemar’s Arti Gras celebration.
Cat Calls: To send event information to Cat visit her website, catherinebarr.com or fax 604-903-1001. Follow Cat on Twitter: @catherinebarr