Cat's Eye: NV Chamber Governors' Gala
The North Vancouver Chamber of Commerce’s Governors’ Gala took place last week at North Vancouver’s Pinnacle Hotel at the Pier.
Media personality and actor Jackson Davies played MC as guests and members enjoyed an elegant evening of dining and entertainment.
Presented by Neptune Terminals, the evening also included performances by Veena Sood and a live and silent auction in support of Presentation House Theatre.
Last week was also a time to toast the good life in Vancouver with an original wine tour hosted by New Zealand winemaker Tony Bish from Sacred Hill.
Stops included Stanley Park, English Bay and Jack Poole Plaza. The day ended up at North Vancouver’s Grouse Mountain where a fabulous dinner was waiting for invited media and guests. Cheers!
1) Time to “sea” and be seen on the Sacred Hill New Zealand wine tour. A toast on the shores of Stanley Park from some of Vancouver’s most prominent wine writers and media personalities starts off the day right.
2) West Vancouverites Nessa van Bergen, left, and Connie Ekelund enjoy trout and venison as part of the Grouse Mountain wine dinner on the Sacred Hill New Zealand wine tour.
3) Vancouver Playhouse International Wine Festival executive director Harry Hertscheg, left, Sacred Hill winemaker Tony Bish and Diageo’s Kris Steed take the cable car up the mountain at Grouse as part of the Sacred Hill New Zealand wine tour.
4) North Vancouver Chamber past chair Chris Doll enjoys the gala night at the Pinnacle at the Pier with wife Jane.
5) Insurance man Jeff Fawcett, seen here with wife Cindy-Lou, is also a past president of the North Vancouver Chamber of Commerce.
6) City of North Vancouver councillor Guy Heywood, left, takes in the gala night at the North Vancouver Chamber of Commerce with new incoming chair Mike Boehn.
Cat Calls: To send event information to Cat visit her website, catherinebarr.com or fax 604-903-1001. Follow Cat on Twitter: @catherinebarr