- BC Games
CAT'S EYE: Rockin' for Reasearch gala
The Hyatt hotel ballroom was transformed into a twinkling festival of lights earlier this month as the Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation (JDRF) celebrated its 12th annual Rockin’ For Research gala. With the theme “Paris Under the Stars,”it was a night to remember as guests gathered to raise money for this very worthwhile cause. The silent auction cocktail party was a great place to start shopping, but so was the live auction which featured some big-ticket items including celebrity chefs and sports stars. Later on it was dancing till dawn to the sweet sounds of Vancouver’s Famous Players band. Congrats to all involved.
1) Cuddling up among the prized donor teddy bears is live auction MC John Ashbridge, who you’ll better recognize as the in-arena announcer at Vancouver Canucks home games.
2) Gala chair Mary Jane Devine has helped JDRF raise millions over the course of the last 12 years. Job well done!
3) North Vancouver’s Darryl Weinbren, partner at Authentic Wine & Spirits Merchants, strikes a pose with his lovely lady at the sparkling ice sculptured Eiffel Tower during the champagne reception.
4) North Vancouver lawyer John Lakes and his wife Robyn are only too happy to help support JDRF in the fight against Juvenile Diabetes.
5) He’s live auction item #5 – a cooking class for 10 with celebrity chef John Bishop.
6) North Vancouver’s Marke Driesschen, seen here with wife Amanda Tanner, is happy to help MC the event. Catch him doing the weather on TV weekdays as part of CTV’s newest morning and news broadcasts.
7) Vancouver Canucks’ president and GM Mike Gillis was lucky to have his beautiful daughter Kate as a date this night. Kate is also a member of Canada’s women’s national field hockey team.